Friday, June 27, 2008

'Twas the Day After RAAM


Well...what a difference a week makes. I'm sitting here at work, making overtime dollars, still licking my wounds (not literally, that's gross) and wanted to say hello to all of my supporters and "fans."

About this time last week we were keying up to push the final 26 hours into Annapolis and put the '08 RAAM in the record books. I've had some time now to process the whole experience a bit and I'm finding more to be enjoyed and some interesting stories from my crew from the RAAM racecourse. It's amazing, but I've already begun thinking about next year. Solo RAAM? Probably not, but I quite simply love that bike race. The RAAM organization is world class and they put on another show stopper in 2008. The course was amazing and terribly challenging, the race officials were gracious and kind and the HQ folks were incredibly supportive to my crew before, during and after the race. How could I not be a part of that again next year?

I'm healing up pretty well and am mustering the strength to ride the recumbant bike at the gym, do a bunch of stretching every day and begin making plans for the rest of my cycling season. Tentatively, I'd like to get back to road racing by late July, do some late season criteriums and then hit the cyclocross season in the fall.

I haven't touched my bike since RAAM, but I'm more excited than ever to get back on the bike. The bike feels like home to me and I actually miss riding right now, but respect the recovery and rehab aspect of solo RAAM.

Keep in touch, keep the comments coming and we'll talk soon!

Tim

No comments: