Friday, June 6, 2008

Hello California!


We made it!  Well, at least to California.  The drive out to sunny Oceanside was incredible, as usual.  I'm always amazed at just how vast this country is and, of course, how damn hilly it is.  My crew and I took our two team vehicles out on the road, stopped over in Cedar City, Utah and got to Oceanside yesterday afternoon.

To a fault, I'm a freak of control, the guy who has to have his hands in everything.  So admittedly this sort of thing, having 6 pairs of hands to help out is a change of pace for me.  Yesterday was a wake up call that over the next weeks I am going to have to trust my crew and trust their instincts out during the race.  These 6 are extremely capable individuals, in and away from the race.  They were chosen for their unique capabilities and will have the chance to step up and "answer the call."  My own control "issues" aside, we and I am ready, physically and mentally.  

Commitment, teamwork and excellence.  Getting the job done right the first time, every time.

This is Team Strong Heart.

TC

No comments: