Sunday, June 29, 2008

B,B,B, Bernie and the Jets


Bernie and Laurel Kaeferlein and family took the family truckster through Idaho Springs today on their way to Salida and Michelle and I had a chance to catch up with them for a bit. Bernie and I had the opportunity to be on the Team Strong Heart four-man RAAM relay team in '07. Aahhhh...relay teams. That whole thing seems kind of "quaint" and fun, compared to the battle that RAAM solo was for me this year. Perspective is pretty dang amazing.

I love RAAM! Over the past couple of days I've really come to the conclusion that I will be back at RAAM in 2009. Not solo, but hopefully on a four person relay team. Any takers? Seriously, drop me a line if you have ever wanted to do RAAM, or do it again. E-mail me at tim@timcase.net for more information. It's really not too early to start thinking about next year...

I was looking for a song that is a fair synopsis of my very personal solo RAAM experience this year...so go the Beatles:

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

Black bird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free

Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.

Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise,oh
You were only waiting for this moment to arise, oh
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
--------------

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more...

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim...this is Nan...I just have to comment on your choice of songs... you did fly,my dear... in fact you soared... In retrospect, you did an amazing fete.. the more I read, watch your team blogs and look at the wide expanse of these wide United States...the one picture of you on that lonely rode, which lookes like New Mexico or some other barren wasteland brought my mind to" My g..." what a fete!!!! It was an incredable journey ..... You Rock!!!! Nan..