Monday, April 28, 2008

Racing and a Party


Howdy,

Yesterday was a very big day for me personally and for Team Strong Heart. Woke up, washed the bike and headed out to the Primus Mootry Criterium, for what should be my last official race before the Race Across America in June. I had a great time at the crit and ended up doing exactly what I had set out to do...that is...stay upright, work a bit at the front, chase some breaks down, etc. We had a great showing from my Horizon Organic Cycling Team. Some of those guys even did a road race the previous day, with my teammate Aaron coming in fourth place and then showing up to race the crit on Sunday. Damn! I felt strong and very relaxed during the race, even though I was a bit twitchy with my folks and significant other out there to watch me and cheer me on.

Post-race we had to rush out to get ready for the Team Strong Heart fundraising party later in the day. We had a bunch of people come out to the Redfish to support my Solo effort and all of the efforts that Team Strong Heart has put in so far this year. We're estimating about 70 people showed up and many walked away with some incredible raffle prizes donated by 53 businesses in the Boulder area. We even had some extra last minute Smith sunglasses donated to us to give away. I was definitely jealous that I couldn't participate in the raffle.

Many thanks to the Runnin' Wild Band for putting in a stellar performance for our guests. The guys are still in high school but they can stand up against any live artist I've seen, including some of the music greats. If they keep at it, going at their current pace, you'll definitely be hearing from these guys...

Wow! We raised a bunch of money last night and the donations are continuing to come in. I've already met my personal fundraising goal, but we have a couple of huge personal donations coming in shortly that will blow our goals completely out of the water and set a new standard for next year.

Yep, I said it...next year.

Special thanks to everyone who has worked so hard on my, Camp Odayin and Team Strong Heart's behalf. And a special thank you to everyone who stepped up last night and showed up to support us at the Redfish.

You are incredible and the true heroes!

Tim

2 comments:

B Train said...

Tim,

You rock. I am very proud of your and your team's dedication and effort. Your support of Camp Odayin through Team Strong Heart is your biggest win of the season!

Bernie

Anonymous said...

Tim - very cool...your team looks great! I will be watching, pulling for and cracking a Grain Belt Premium in your honor...I was thinking one an hour while you are riding but then I would loose my job so I guess one a day would do.