Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Photo Shoot




Hi all,

Don't forget our party on April 27th at the Redfish in Boulder, CO...should be fun and fortuitous.

Last Saturday was an interesting day, to say the least. Ever had a professional photographer's camera thrust in your face for a photo shoot? I did. Ray Rushing of Ray Rushing photography brought me into his North Boulder studio to take some pics for the upcoming edition of the Yellow Scene magazine, which is a glossy mag sent out and picked up by a ton of people out here in the front range.

Ray and I chatted about the RAAM and then got down to business, having me pose and contort to make it look like I mean business, which really I do, but you know to convey that via a pic is kind of tough. After the studio shoot, Ray, myself and the Yellow Scene editor, Jake Harkins, went out to rural Boulder for some more photos...it was a typical beautiful Colorado day and riders were out in full force.

Ray is a great photographer and excellent guy to boot, so if you're ever in need of a photo session, give him a good hard look. Check out his website and blog that contains many of his favorite photos and work he's done, and of course, yours truly.

Aside from the glamour shots, I've been hard at work getting everything in place for June, including going to Walmart to buy diaper rash ointment and baby wipes. It's amazing how much planning and development goes into getting a bike and a crew from point A to point B. Last year, with Bernie Kaeferlein at the helm on the rider side and Bill Nicholson managing the crew, all I pretty much had to do was raise some money and show up with a bike. This year has clearly shown me why Bernie looked so damned tired even before the RAAM actually started.

Kudos to everyone who has stepped up, last year and this year to get Team Strong Heart out onto the racecourse for Round Two. When I've needed it most, my friends, family and teammates have filled the loney void that comes with "too much" preparation, training and hard work.

See you on the long, hard road to Oceanside...

Tim

2 comments:

B Train said...

Yeah, doing the RAAM was the relaxing part!

Great pictures Tim! You should know that I now have your sexy bike picture in my wallet.

TimothyCase said...

U need those laminated B-Love?

TC