Sunday, May 10, 2009

Waking the Giant


I don't have much to say, but wanted to move on from my last morose posting. The ups and downs of life have been weaving through many of our lives on Team Strong Heart. This is a very "testy" time of year for we who attack the RAAM-beast, whether it be the relay or solo beasty.

We're looking for crew, buttoning up the travel logistics and mostly trying to stay sane with approximately 6 weeks to the start of the biggest, baddest race of them all.

In Colorado we're trying desperately to get the race season started, what with the snow, rain, etc. that seems to descend on our region every weekend. I'm pretty much a lump right now. A fit lump to be sure, but it's hard for me to get really excited what with the clouds (physical and mental) that seem to move into my region every now and again.

I suppose the quiet moments provide the hardest truthes and lately the silence seems to be telling me that the hardest tasks, the dearest efforts and the greatest results all start with the same first step towards the finish.

Time to harden up and get a move on.

Keep the rubber side down.

TC

No comments: