Thursday, March 20, 2008

April 27th Team Strong Heart Fundraiser!




Hey all,

Lots to report from over here in the eventually-warming-up Boulder, Colorado.

The training is starting to heat up for June and I actually have my first race out here this upcoming Sunday, starting it all off with a criterium on the University of Colorado at Boulder campus...

I'm coming off a "forced" 7 day active recovery period and feel very strong, especially for this time of year. This recovery was without a doubt a complete revelation for my training. Thanks to my coach Eric Kenney, Horizon Organic teammates and good friends from Minnesota that I've spent years riding with for suggesting this rest and recovery. I came home from training camp in California and pretty much trained myself into a world of hurt. It's tough to slow down and settle in to recover and I ignored the classic symptoms of overtraining. I finally had a blowout ride where I struggled to get home after 85 miles and was broken.

Rest and recovery are keys to success, along with diet, sleep and plain old having fun on the bike. Believe it! I do...

On another, but closely related note, we've been hot on the trail of donations for Team Strong Heart and have scored a major victory by signing an amazing venue and band for the first annual Team Strong Heart Got Solo? Fundraising Throwdown (that's the unofficial title of the party).

We've contacted over a hundred companies and have received a lion's share of support from local businesses to raffle off products, services and even a "date with a firefighter model" at the party to be held at the Redfish Brewhouse in Boulder, CO on Sunday, April 27th.

Headlining the party is the Runnin' Wild Band. These guys rock and are amazing musicians to boot. Many thanks to Dean Pacello from Boulder Fire, whose kid Tony is in the band, for getting them to play for Team Strong Heart and our friends and family. Be sure to check out their website and scan YouTube for some amazing performances...

Save the date! April 27th is going to be a night to remember!

There's been a ton of work done already, with much more to go. About 80 days before the RAAM kicks off and we are definitely locked and loaded.

Keep the rubber side down...

Tim

1 comment:

JayT said...

Very nice! Good work and good luck Sunday!!

JayT