Saturday, September 1, 2007

This and That


Yeah, it's been while since I've posted, but in all reality not much has happened out here. I finally got back to work last week after having been out on injury leave with a broken foot. Back to work...check!

I've essentially decided that I'm done racing for the season. Being lazy...check! Actually, the lazy thing isn't entirely true. I've been getting back on my mountain bike a bit and generally enjoying myself alot more on the bike. There's a certain amount of pressure that comes with training, so even if the pace on the bike doesn't slow, per se, the riding seems much more enjoyable.

My friend Eric and I tackled Vail Pass a couple of days ago... It was a beautiful day, but we had both gotten worked the previous night at Boulder Fire. I had seven calls between 10pm and 3am and he had two. So, needless to say we were a bit less spirited than usual. I'd never ridden the Pass before, which is a 50 mile climbing ride from Frisco to the city of Vail. The route travels what used to be I-70...not sure of the details, but someone's painted all sorts of Euro-style messages on the climb out of Vail, which is pretty funny and kind of cool. There is a cottage industry out here of dropping tourists off at the top of the Pass and letting them ride down into Vail, coasting the entire way. This must be fun for them, but I'm into the climbing AND the descending, so out of my way Texan!

Fall is in the air up at my place on Mt. Evans...overnight the temps are in the 40's and it helps to have a wood stove, chopped wood and a warm blanket.

I forgot to mention in my last post that when I was in Chicago and at the US Pro Criterium Championship, I ran into veteran Team Strong Heart Crew Chief, Bill Nicholson. Running into him reminded me of my new found friends in Minnesota and the support that everyone on Team Strong Heart continues to receive. I'm very thankful for the TSH opportunity and everywhere it has and will take me...

Keep the rubber side down...

Tim

2 comments:

B Train said...

Nice to see you back on the road!

Very cool seeing Bill out in Chicago. Not surprised though, that fella gets to more races than anyone else I know.

You make the life you live...glad to know you're making a good one!

Anonymous said...

Those messages are old Coors Classic messages, they are the real thing! That is what makes it so cool! Are you coming to Headwaters?