Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Moooon River


Last minute, I've decided to head out for another sort of endurance ride on two wheels...I'm going to ride my motorcycle out to see my folks in Chicago. The trip is about 1000 miles each way, which I now understand is about a third of the way across America. Ask me how I know that, please... I think the time away from the bike and the rest will do me some good. Plus, I haven't seen my family in a while, so it'll be great to hang out with them. I even get to help my youngest brother, Patrick, move into his freshman dorm. Pretty sweet...

Over the past couple of days I've had some decent riding. I'm really starting to like the ride from Idaho Springs out to Winter Park and back. I read today in Velonews that Winterpark has something like 600 miles of mountain bike trails, which is pretty astounding for one community, even for a community in Colorado. The climb up to Berthoud Pass is pretty sweet, though I'm finding that this time of year the return climb from Winterpark will usually involve some sort of rain. Yep, got rained on again several days ago, but had a blast as usual, climbing up into the clouds.

Today I rode with my friend Eric, and even convinced him to ride some flats out and around Boulder. I'm finding that my new digs don't really allow for riding on any road that resembles a flat, so I need to take it when the opportunity presents itself.

I found a super funny advertisement for Northwave shoes in the latest edition of Velonews. It's titled something like "Northwave Powers" and features Tom Boonen dressed like Austin Powers. It's towards the back of the mag...check it out. Tom Boonen looks, well, special in his velvet and lace suit. I think he looks better in a green jersey, but what do I know?

And now for something entirely different...several days ago I put down the deposit and registration for the 2008 Race Across America. Solo baby! Stay tuned to the Team Strong Heart website for some more exciting updates about 2008 and Team Strong Heart. You won't be disappointed.

Keep the non-motorized and motorized rubber side down...

TC

2 comments:

GKostik said...

can't wait to hear your tails of RAAM solo.

GKostik said...

can't wait to hear your tales of RAAM solo!