Sunday, July 15, 2007

Wounded Eagle

Alrighty then...

So I was doing laundry late last night and guess what I did??? That's right folks, I broke my damn foot! Sweet! I was walking down the stairs in my basement and hit a bitty half step, rolled my foot, heard an excellent snapping noise and the tendon in my foot snapped a bone in two places. After it happened I went to bed and woke up early to go to work and could feel the pedal pulse throbbing down there. The ED doc thinks I'll be out of commission for 4 to 6 weeks from work and perhaps as long off my bike.

Fall riding anyone?

You know, I had gone on an amazing road ride out on Peak to Peak Highway, and was generally having an a-okay day. Heck, it was even my birthday yesterday! Happy birthday to me. What do you get the man who has everything? A pair of crutches!

If anyone has suggestions for recovery while maintaining my cycling fitness with an immobilized foot, drop me a line. This is pretty much a nightmare come true, especially after RAAM. Luckily the Tour de France is in full swing and those badboys are in the mountains as I type this.

I miss Lance and Jan...

Goodnight and goodluck.

TC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your broken foot, but on a positive note: Happy Belated Birthday!

~ML