Monday, March 5, 2007

Crits and crits and crits, oh my!


Fish eye! Thanks to Dr. Dan and company for the testing last week in Minnesota. I was in the great white north for four days and spent more time shoveling and snow blowing than time working out.

Met up with the team on Friday and barely made it to the airport for my flight back to sunny, warm (relatively), Colorado.

I've been training with long rides mixed up with shorter "rides" on the trainer at work. Last Sunday (yesterday, actually) I raced for the first time in about a year. Hit the Stazio crit in Boulder and snuck in as a Cat IV in the morning. I felt good throughout the race and found it relatively "easy" to move around the field with a few elbows and some imaginative lines around the corners (i.e., gutter riding). Job well done, I must say. Next Sunday is another race day and hopefully I'll find more form.

The upcoming weeks are going to be extremely challenging for me professionally and personally. I've got a bunch of extra training to do at work, including time spent on my usual days off and then on Saturday, March 17 I'm leaving for a 12 day trip to England with my two younger brothers....

Keep the rubber side down.

No comments: