Monday, March 16, 2009

Welcome Back


Ahoy!

It's been a while since I've posted on this blog, which is really too bad. Much to talk about here...first of all, thanks to everyone for welcoming me back into the racing fray of Team Strong Heart.

Here I was thinking that I'd get to "sit back" and enjoy RAAM from the comfort of the chase vehicle, barking out orders to the crew, creating conflict where none previously existed, throwing my massive authority around our great country. Now, as it happens, I am going to have to do the same thing while also racing my bike with three other of the baddest and fastest brothers on two wheels (and yes Andy, that number includes you).
At any rate...I'm very happy to be back on the biking side of things.

Support Team Strong Heart. I can't say that enough, SUPPORT TEAM STRONG HEART. Camp Odayin is an amazing place. I know it. I've been there. The world that Odayin's staff and contributors (like yourself) have created for those deserving kids is wonderful and really brings home the idea that with enough support and encouragment, everyone can reach beyond their circumstances and become great. Chokes me up thinking about it.

I grew up with very severe asthma...the kind that kills. I was the kid in gym class who couldn't finish the run in gym class, couldn't be outside when the temps were high and I was definitely living in a bubble/humidity tent in the hospital when my young friends were out being young. I never had an adaptive camp experience like the kids at Camp Odayin get to have. My camp experiences pretty much sucked, except for the day when I was the fake drummer lip syncing "Hungry Like a Wolf" at the camp talent show. That day was great...the rest...not so great.

Look at the mission statement for Team Strong Heart. We are dedicated and passionate...bar none. We are building a legacy of hard work, determination and results...raising money for Camp Odayin while showcasing amazing talent on and off the bike. The Team Strong Heart that comes to you today for a donation or other sorts of assistance is made of world class people doing world class things for those who can't help themselves. Join us...

Stay tuned for a review of my recent visit to Moab, Utah for a cycling training camp and other random stuff from wild and wooley Boulder, Colorado.

Keep the rubber side down.


Tim

No comments: