Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Next Stage...




I met with my coach, Eric Kenny of EK Endurance Coaching last week to come up with a plan and sketch for the next couple of months. My goal is to get back into training so that I can do some road racing in August and then cyclocross in the fall.

The body is an amazing system. A few short weeks ago my body was really in a spot of bother and I was having a terrible time just getting the pedals to turn over. I was basically eating non-stop, always looking to stay seated or in bed and couldn't really stand much time on the bike.

Now, though, I'm feeling quite a bit better, highly motivated to get on with things and move into the next stage.

Post RAAM has been and will continue to be an amalgamation of moments of excitement, depression (mentally and physically), and hope for the future.

One of the best qualities of solo RAAM, for me at least, is that I have come back more passionate about the sport of cycling, excited for the next few months with the expectation that I will be stronger than ever once fully recovered and highly motivated for the end of summer, fall and winter months of training...

TC

No comments: