Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Ditch!


I've been very blessed over the past several years to have put roots down in a wonderful part of the country, the Colorado Rockies. I bought a house up at 10k feet in August and have fallen in love with all things West. Did I say all things?

I've driven into a drift of snow and/or a ditch twice in the past three days, the pipes at my house froze this week and took a day, or so, to thaw and then there is the crazy amounts of snow, the howling wind and the bone-chilling cold to contend with. What's not to like?

Like one of my neighbors told me recently, "we crazies need to stick together." Yep.

I hope the holidays have been everything you and your family could ever wish for. My holidays have been great so far, having been adopted by a co-worker and his family over the Christmas holiday. Firefighting takes no holiday and so I found myself at work yesterday, on Christmas, watching the Simpson's Movie and trying to cram down another traditional holiday burrito. Caught a cold overnight and now I'm up at my chalet warming up and thawing out, just like the pipes.

Bring each other close this holiday season, now and forever. It's warmer when there's more than one...

Tim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Criminy Tim, you drive a car like I ride a bike!
Bill Nicholson

Anonymous said...

Criminy Tim, you drive a car like I ride a bike!
Bill Nicholson

Anonymous said...

Criminy Tim, you drive a car like I ride a bike!
Bill Nicholson